Distance Learning in June 2022
FOR DISTRIBUTION TO GROUP RATING MEMBERS AND BUSINESS COMMUNITY
BWC is hosting a number of occupational safety and health webinars and virtual classes in June. For detailed information and to learn how to register, view this flyer.
Webinars – presented live with BWC discount program and continuing education credit:
- Outdoor Equipment Safety (June 9)
- What Do I Do When I Spill a Chemical? (June 14)
- Safety Training for New Employees (June 28)
- Improving Hazard Recognition through Visual Literacy (June 7-8)
- Accident Analysis Half-day Workshop (June 9)
- Crisis De-escalation Tactics and Safe Practices Workshop (June 15)
- Electrical Hazard Recognition and Abatement (June 16-17, 20-21)
- Safety Series Workshop Module 5: Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout Basics (June 21)
- Health Hazards and Toxicology Fundamentals (June 22-23)
- Scaffolding Safety Workshop (June 27-28)
- Ergonomic Basic Principles (June 28-29)
- Confined Space Assessment and Work (June 29-30)
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Developing a Safety Culture, OSHA Recordkeeping 101 and others
For more information or assistance, email email@example.com.
Sedgwick - Monthly Workers Compensation and Safety Articles
This month’s articles include information about BWC’s Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP). This program, a partnership between BWC and the Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health boards throughout Ohio, is designed to help employers more effectively manage workplace substance abuse. This program can reimburse employers for implementing and administering a drug-free workplace program. Considering that 1 in 12 workers have an untreated substance abuse disorder many are confronted with this growing problem and could benefit from this program.
The second article includes information about the importance of safety education which can help your members provide a safe workplace, manage their claims and keep their workers’ compensation costs at a minimum.
- Ohio BWC reimbursing employers in Drug-Free Workplace program
- Premium discounts, safety & Ohio workers’ compensation