Distance Learning in May 2022
FOR DISTRIBUTION TO GROUP RATING MEMBERS AND BUSINESS COMMUNITY
BWC is hosting a number of occupational safety and health webinars and virtual classes in May. For detailed information and to learn how to register, view this flyer.
Webinars – presented live with BWC discount program and continuing education credit:
- Breathing Air Quality in the Workplace (May 10)
- Safe Patient Handling: Is Your Facility Following the Guidelines? (May 12)
- What You Need to Know Concerning EPA and Safety for the Construction Industry (May 19)
- Machine Guarding (May 5)
- Respirator Fit Testing (May 9-11)
- Emergency Preparedness Planning Half-day Workshop (May 10)
- Hazard Communication Half-day Workshop (May 12)
- Electrical Safety in the Workplace through Insight and Implementation of NFPA 70E (May 17-18)
- Electrical Safety Maintenance (NFPA 70B) – Practices for Electrical (May 23-25)
- Controlling Workers’ Compensation Costs (May 24-25)
- Hazard Material and Waste Shipping/Reporting Requirements (May 31)
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Developing a Safety Culture, OSHA Recordkeeping 101 and others
For more information or assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sedgwick - Monthly Workers Compensation and Safety Articles
This month’s articles include information about BWC’s Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program (SURWSP). This program, a partnership between BWC and the Alcohol Drug Addiction and Mental Health boards throughout Ohio, is designed to help employers more effectively manage workplace substance abuse. This program can reimburse employers for implementing and administering a drug-free workplace program. Considering that 1 in 12 workers have an untreated substance abuse disorder many are confronted with this growing problem and could benefit from this program.
The second article includes information about the importance of safety education which can help your members provide a safe workplace, manage their claims and keep their workers’ compensation costs at a minimum.
- Ohio BWC reimbursing employers in Drug-Free Workplace program
- Premium discounts, safety & Ohio workers’ compensation