Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Resource Center
We’ve compiled this resource guide to help you address the challenges of this outbreak;
information will be changing daily – – more items will be added as they become available
PHCC National Updates
The Communications team has put together a variety of customizable verbiage documents and PDF files that can be used by members to help articulate Customer Safety Messaging during this ‘new normal’. Utilize these items to help show your customers the steps that you are taking to adapt to the new safety guidelines to keep customers and technicians safe. There is a customizable PDF flyer + email, postcard, social media and ad copy messaging available. The templates are also available on the COVID-19 Recovery Center for members under Business Practices/Templates. (7/13/20)
- The following YouTube videos are available to anyone:
Provisions from the CARES Act
What’s Next in Legislation?
Economic Injury Disaster Loan
The Employee Retention Credit
Emergency Spending Package and Families First Act
Personal Protective Equipment
- The following YouTube videos are available to anyone:
- Ideas on sourcing hand sanitizer and masks
- The Science of COVID-19 / COVID-19 Essential Services Documentation / Travel Spacing in Vehicles
- Covid-19 Resource Center – PHCC National has compiled this resource guide to help you address the challenges of this outbreak;
Member to Member
Coronavirus Safety Measures from our Members
Robert Dunlevey & Nadia A. Lampton - Taft Law / Legal Issues
Articles and information providing guidance on how to handle the impact of COVID-19 on your workforce.
- Businesses With 100 or More Employees May Soon be Subject to Vaccine Mandates – 9.13.21
- COVID-19 Vaccinations: What Employers Need to Know Before Implementing a Mandatory Vaccination Policy – 1.4.21
- ALERT: CDC Changes Quarantine Periods (AGAIN)! – 12.2.20
- CDC Redefines “Close Contact” for the Purposes of Contact Tracing – 10.26.20
- The Three Employer Must-Do’s, Even Admist Constant Guideline Changes – 8.24.20
- Mandatory Mask Mandates in Construction – 7.13.20
- Preparing for a Post Pandemic Workplace – Top 10 Employer Considerations – 5.19.20
- Ohio’s Newest Stay Safe Ohio Order: What does it mean for employers? – 5.5.20
- 4.03 Families First Coronavirus Response Act Updated Summary with DOL Regulations Webinar
- 4.01 UPDATE Employer Do’s and Don’ts – COVID-19 Coronavirus Webinar by Bob Dunlevey & Nadia Lampton /
- Health Insurance Coverage Flexibility for Ohio Employees – 3.24.20
- Ohio Stay at Home Order_ Construction Deemed Essential Infrastructure – 3.23.20
- Legally Speaking- SharedWork Ohio Program Overview – 3.20.20
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – 3.19.20
- Coronavirus Response for Employers 3.18.20 – Auman, Mahan & Furry, Attys
- COVID-19 Webinar Slides – 3.18.20
- Webinar 3.18.20 – Issues Employers are Facing with the Coronavirus
- Workplace Do’s & Dont’s – 3.17.20
Federated Insurance is committed to helping you as our nation unites to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Here is a link to many valuable resources designed to inform and support your members during these uncertain times. Because this page is not available on our public site, you may want to save it in your browser for future reference as it will be updated regularly when additional resources become available.
Federated’s valued policyholders have these and additional resources available to them at Federated’s Shield Network. Or, by contacting our Risk Management Resource Center at 1-888-333-4949.
Please contact your Account Executive with additional questions or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support!
State of Ohio Updates
Small Business Relief – 4/10/20 – A new resource has been created for Ohio’s small businesses: The Office of Small Business Relief within the Ohio Development Services Agency. The Office will coordinate state efforts to identify and provide direct support for Ohio’s nearly 950,000 small businesses.
Resources for small businesses are available online at coronavirus.ohio.gov/businesshelp. New services and support identified by the Office of Small Business Relief will be added to the site.
Resources available for unemployment benefits and small business relief during the coronavirus pandemic are as follows:
- For unemployment benefits, to file a claim: unemployment.cmt.ohio.gov.
- Impacted Ohio small businesses can contact Ohio Development Services Agency for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Small Business Admin Disaster Relief has set a three step process for funding/loan assistance: https://bit.ly/2w0nj75, hotline: 800-659-2955, email: DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov.
- For more updates and to answer any further questions regarding the coronavirus, visit coronavirus.ohio.gov or call 1-833-427-5634.
OCILB has indicated that, during the COVID-19 crisis, they will issue your licenses as they come due, provided that you have paid your renewal fee on time. The state will allow a grace period of approximately 60 days for you to obtain your necessary CEU credits. This is a temporary action and the acceptance of alternate methods of training (online) will be allowed during this 60 day grace period. As we move through the 60 day grace period the State of Ohio will be evaluating the situation and if any further action needs implemented regarding the grace period they will advise.
Bureau of Workers Compensation / CareWorks
- Resources for Challenging Times / Supporting Your Workforce – 11.24.20
- Free COVID-19 Workers Compensation & Unemployment Update – YouTube Channel – 5.11.20
- May 2020 BWC News from CareWorks Comp
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions – 4.27.20
- April 2020 BWC News from CareWorks Comp
- Coronavirus Unemployment Update
- Coronavirus Workers Comp Update
- Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation – COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions – To our customers, stakeholders, partners and interested parties: We’ve prepared this Frequently Asked Questions document to provide information about the coronavirus’ (COVID-19’s) impact on BWC operations.
Industry News and Resources
- COVID-19 Guidance for Legionella and Building Water System Closures – NSF Health Sciences
- CDC Guidance for Building Water Systems – NSF Health Sciences
- Life During Corona: ‘Business as Usual, With Precautions – Contracting Business
- Understanding Coronavirus Exposure for Plumbing Professionals – Contractor Magazine
- Coronavirus Prompts Response in HVAC Industry – Contractors can take steps to cut down on airborne transmission – The News
Coronavirus Resources & Updates:
Here at Service Roundtable we are doing all we can to keep all contractors up-to-date on what is happening with fast moving information concerning our current situation. Below is a link to allow you to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program as part of the CARES Act.
Consider using Live Oak Bank, a Service Roundtable partner, as they specialize in SBA loans and pay a rebate. The link to Live Oak follows.
Safety Professionals LLC
Compliance Alert – In an effort to assist our clients with compliance to State and Federal Guidelines and to limit exposure for employees, the attached policy, training materials and posting requirements are being provided as interim guidance. Please understand that based upon this rapidly evolving pandemic State and Federal Guidelines will most likely continue to change. We will continue to monitor this situation.
- COVID-19 and OSHA Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements – There may be some situations where an employee is infected with COVID-19 that would trigger recordkeeping and reporting rule (24 CFR Part 1904).
- COVID-19 and BWC Compensable Workers Compensation Claim – There may be some situations where an employee is infected with COVID-19 that the BWC could allow the claim.
I want to deal with issues on a “case by case” basis. I can be reached 24/7 at 330-903-7344.
This information is provided for informational purposes only. This resource is exclusive for PHCC members only and is not presented for wider distribution. Determination of whether and/or how to use all or any portion of this resource is to be made in your sole and absolute discretion. Prior to using this resource, you should review it with your own legal counsel. No part of this document constitutes legal advice. Use of this resource is voluntary. PHCC does not make any representations or warranties with respect to this resource or its contents. This is provided on an “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. PHCC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY NATURE, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, OR ARISING FROM TRADE OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, QUALITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COMPLETENESS, OR ACCURACY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, PHCC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, EXPENSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOST INCOME OR PROFITS, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF A COMPANY’S OR INDIVIDUAL’S USE OF THE RESOURCE, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.